CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACHIEVEMENT. YOU'VE WORKED HARD TO COME THIS FAR. PLEASE READ THE TEST PREPARATION TIPS BELOW TO ENSURE YOUR DAY IS A SUCCESS!
· Never refuse an invitation to test. You’ve worked hard to earn this opportunity. Prioritize this day and follow through. Failing to attend may show you don't value this opportunity and could delay further testing. Testing is a very special, earned opportunity, not to be taken for granted. If it conflicts with other activities that day then cancel your other activities.
· The test is about effort, attitude, and showing a working-understanding of your techniques. Display a confident attitude and stay focused. Testing is a positive experience, so if you make a mistake smile and continue.
· Eat a healthy high-energy meal that suits your body best. Increase your water intake the week of testing and bring a water bottle with you. Bring an electrolyte filled beverage (Gatorade, Smart Water, etc...) for after-test replenishment. If you have special medication, bring it, along with instructions for application.
· Arrive about 20 minutes early to use the restroom, suit up, stretch, practice, and get focused. Late-comers will not be allowed to enter once the test begins.
· Proper dress etiquette (White stripe requirements upon which students are graded) includes a clean and pressed full Gi with proper colored and placed Level 3 patches, and Level 3 T-Shirt. Wear a groin protector and/or chest protector. Gi Sleeves rolled down. Your Gi pants should cover the instep of your foot – no longer, and should be hemmed, not rolled. No jewelry of any kind may be worn.
· Dont forget these important items: Bottle of water, sparring gear, running shoes that are supportive for outside training, sunblock, any medicines or medical devices needed in case of emergency, and emergency contact information.
· Never discuss testing with other students. Your experience will always be unique. Testing is not a spectator event. Full concentration and focus are required and can only be maintained when spectators are not present. Parents, you may witness the final portion of the test, including the promotion ceremony.
· We encourage photos in the Dojo with your new belt, family and friends once the test is complete. Often we post pictures and / or video clips at our LEVEL 3 FACEBOOK for you to share this wonderful achievement with others.
· If you're unable to complete your test for any reason you will be eligible to attend the next test at no additional charge, assuming your physical and mental performance has not regressed. Failure is not negative. It simply means we need to make adjustments, continue moving forward, and try again.
· This day only individual supplies are available at a 10% discount. Patches are always a great reward in addition to your new rank, especially if you feel a patch my represent what it took to conquer the test!
· Occasionally local businesses will provide gift certificates or coupons for frames for your new certificate or family meals to help celebrate your achievement. Please be sure to support those who support Level 3 Martial Arts Performance.
· Your test fee will be charged automatically to your card on file the day of your test. If you don’t have a card on file already please provide one to ensure more a more convenient and reliable purchase method for supplies, training, and events. Your test fee covers the certificate, belt, student instructional workbook, and the testing procedure itself. If you are unable to complete your test for any reason a new test will be scheduled at no additional charge.
· The week following the test we encourage our students to bring a buddy to classes for free to participate and learn more about our martial arts program.